HOPE not hate is recruiting
HOPE not hate is looking for a new Digital Director to lead and grow our digital team, engaging supporters and the wider public with our work and values. This is crucial time as we grow the organisation and expand our campaigning work.
The successful candidate will:
- Think innovatively about how to execute digital campaigns that cut-through and reach different audiences
- Be a first-class digital strategist with experience of managing digital fundraising campaigns
- Be data-driven in decision making with a strong understanding of how to collect and analyse data
Closing date: 20th JanuaryJob Description >>
Job Title: Digital Director
Reports to: Director
Key purpose: The Director of Digital will have responsibility for setting the strategic direction of the digital team to meet HOPE not hate’s core objectives. They will also manage the staff, work and budget of the Digital team.
About the role
- You will be responsible for setting the strategic direction of the digital team so that we best use its resources and potential to meet HOPE not hate’s core objectives.
- Working with the Director, you will set targets for the team and then lead the team to successfully meet these.
- You will lead planning for how we can use digital channels to contribute to fundraising, mobilisation and effective storytelling about HOPE not hate’s work and manage the development and quality of content.
- While planning will be crucial, you will also be able to revise digital plans as unforeseen events occur and use political insight and creativity to demonstrate how digital channels can be used to respond quickly and effectively.
- You will develop a creative team environment in which innovative ideas can be developed.
- You will manage and develop the staff within the digital team.
- You will manage contracts and relationships with relevant stakeholders including digital agencies and other suppliers.
- You will oversee a programme of testing and optimisation that ensures our communication is as effective as possible.
- To undertake any other tasks as required by the Director and Senior Management Team
- You will have experience managing digital fundraising campaigns and developing digital strategies for campaigns or organisations.
- You can show evidence of managing budgets effectively to ensure well-designed, impactful and cost-effective campaigns.
- It’s brilliant, although not necessary, to have experience planning and producing highly-viewed video content and leading online advocacy campaigns.
HOPE not hate is looking for a journalist to join our research team and work on our website.
The journalist should have some interest and experience in research and/or investigations as well as being able to turnaround news stories quickly. The person must be able to work as part of a team but also work on their own to develop stories. The person must be prepared to travel when required and there will be the occasional evening or weekend work.
Salary £30,000 per annum
Please send a CV, a covering letter explaining why you think you would be good in the job and the names of two referees to email@example.com by Monday 23 January
HOPE not hate is looking for a research assistant to join our Research team.
The Research Assistant will work on the HOPE not hate archive, assist our Senior Researchers on their investigations and work alongside our new Digital team. The person must have a good working knowledge of computers and an interest in current affairs.
This would be an ideal job for someone considering a career in research, archiving or journalism.
This role is for an initial six-month period but could be extended.
Salary: £24,000 per annum
Please send a CV, a covering letter explaining why you think you would be good in the job and the names of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 23 January.